Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A New Start

Creativity is a difficult thing to grasp. Most of the time, I am constantly racking my brain on how to come up with something new. Or, I am trying to to take an idea and make into something that is great. Anyone who has tried this knows it's not as easy as it sounds. Especially, when it is your own idea.

I know for myself, if I do not try to draw, paint, write, or something else "creative," it is very easy to loose that edge. For me, creativity is more like solving a problem and answering that problem is coming up with a solution that is different and not the fist idea you come up with. However, I need to switch my creative process. I need to take some advice that I got from a book I picked up many years ago, "Go to Your Studio and Make Stuff" by Fred Babb. I need to start making stuff, refining my skills and not worry about coming up with the next big thing.

The hardest part is actually starting...

No comments: