Monday, September 22, 2008

Irish Beach, A Painting

It has been 7 years since the last time I picked up a brush and finished a painting. I knew the only way to actually finish a painting is if I had some motivation to actually finish it. Each year, the Rotary club I participate with, hosts a huge fundraiser dinner with live and silent auction.

Irish beach

And this was my opportunity to actually pick up the brush and donate a painting for the cause. One of the live auction items was weekend stay at a residence on Irish Beach, on the Mendocino coast. So the topic for the painting was a landscape of the beach, as you can see above.

All in all, I am happy with the way it turned out. The only thing I would have done is to actually go to Irish Beach and take some of my own photos. But I was on a difficult deadline and it wasn't realistic to do that. The photos I worked from were not the best quality but did give me a good reference for the painting. Overall, I would say not bad for not painting in a very long time.

No comments: